28 India StreetNantucket MAMLS Number 84950
- Price: $13,000,000The price has recently decreased
- Est. Mortgage of $/month
- 14 Days on Market
|Price||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Years|
Est. Mortgage: $/month
Federal 30-year interest rate: 4.6% last updated on 2018-09-13
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- 1834Year Built
It is extraordinary that this property remains intact at 26,637 square feet, making it one of the largest parcels of land in Nantucket's Old Historic District spanning from India Street to Rose Lane. Sitting high above India Street, this elegant Georgian-style home was built for noted whaling Captain David J. Baxter in the early 1830s. The home exudes a charm and character that evokes thoughts of Nantucket's prosperity during the glory days of the whaling era. The interior boasts high ceilings, many original details and spacious rooms.
Ask A Question
Call: 508-325-7000 or send a message:
- MLS Number84950
- Agent ID15164
- Agent NameGreg McKechnie
- Agent Phone508-228-2266
- Desc ParkingYes
- Firm Phone508-228-2266
- List Price$13,000,000
- Broker ID501
- Broker NameGreat Point Properties
- FeaturesAlarm, Outdoor Shower
- Flooring TypePainted original flooring
- Heat TypeOil\FHW
- Easement DescDoc 23814 - Water line on eastern lot line. Special Permit 49093 - Guest cottage.
- Date Listed2018-09-06T15:31:10
- Other ViewsTown
- Year Built1834
- Modification Date09/06/2018
- View Count4
- Building Number28
- Location41.2835963, -70.101996
- StreetIndia Street
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Porch
- Yard TypeHuge yard boasting several very large trees.
- Foundation TypeStone
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Fridge TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Desc 2nd DwellingTucked in at the back of the property, at the end of Rose Lane, is a one bedroom apartment with small sitting area and full bath which is attached to a large storage shed and two car garage.
- Desc BasementYes
- Desc Floor1A classic Nantucket Friendship staircase leads up to the front door of 28 India Street, which is set high above the neighboring properties. The grand entry foyer offers a dramatic curved staircase leading to the second level. To the right sits a formal parlor that spans the majority of the house and is accented by high ceilings, original moldings and two fireplaces as well as large windows that flood the space with natural light. To the left of the entry-foyer is a sitting room with a fireplace that is separated from the dining room by impressive pocket doors. Off the dining room, are french doors that open to the large screened in porch overlooking the expansive yard. Steps lead down from the porch to the impressive grounds. Beyond the dining is a pantry that opens into the kitchen, a laundry room and access to the back deck. Off the center hall is an elevator and a full bath as well as access to the lower level.
- Desc Floor2The elegant curved stairs lead to a generous landing with a large window looking down to India Street. Off the landing are four spacious bedrooms each with a fireplace. Two of these are adjoined by a full bath, and one bedroom has an attached half bath. Off the rear hall is a full bath with double vanities, access to the elevator and the third floor. Beyond is a bedroom with fireplace. A sunroom also sits off the rear hall.
- Desc Floor3Two spacious bedrooms share a hall bath. Off one of the bedrooms a staircase leads up to an expansive roof walk that spans the width of the house.
- Half Baths1
- Second DwellingExisting
6 Bedrooms Village Brant Point. 4 Bathroom 0.34 Acreage Year Built in 1939.
Enjoy the breathtaking views from this Brant Point property, ready to begin a new chapter of Nantucket harborfront living at its very best. With the changing of the seasons comes a maritime parade of boats as they sail in and out of the Jetties, with Coatue serving as a backdrop. To the west is Jetties Beach, and to the east is the beacon light of Brant Point Lighthouse. The shoreline and bulkhead provide a front row seat for the 4th of July fireworks, and a sandy beach leads to a variety of aquatic activities for any sports enthusiast. The property is complemented by native Rosa Rugosa, a lush side and front lawn for entertaining, and a meticulously maintained six bedroom home with a layout well suited for a multi-generational family. The property includes a consistent rental history, with 2018 totaling more than $200,000 in income. More
6 Bedrooms Village Cliff. 6 Bathroom 0.46 Acreage Year Built in 1900.
A unique opportunity is now available in the highly sought after Galley Beach neighborhood, in close proximity to the Cliffside Beach Club, Steps Beach and Town. 38 Jefferson is now being offered with 40 Jefferson, the adjacent oversized lot, creating an unprecedented compound on 1/2 an acre. This additional oversized lot offers 3000 sq. ft. of available ground cover and included in the sale are HDC approved plans for a 5 bedroom, 5 bath and 2 half bath main house, leaving plenty of room to accommodate a cottage/cabana, pool and garage. A buyer may also choose to develop the parcel to compliment 38 Jefferson's grand design or hold as a blue chip investment. The developer collaborated with Nantucket's premier architect, Emeritus Development, and designer, Elisa H. Allen Design, to create this legacy property that takes advantage of the sweeping ocean views over Galley Beach and Nantucket Harbor. Enjoy the breathtaking first floor views of ferries and yachts entering the harbor as the Galley beach umbrellas gently blow in the breeze. The historic main house has been re-sited on a new foundation and is completely renovated from top to bottom creating a stunning 5 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath home on 3 levels. The addition of a new 1 bedroom, Guest Cottage/ Pool Cabana compliments the gorgeous, private outdoor entertaining area that includes a heated Gunite swimming pool surrounded by mahogany decking. This estate is offered furnished, turn key and available for immediate occupancy for family and friends to enjoy this summer. More
6 Bedrooms Village Cliff. 4 Bathroom 0.41 Acreage Year Built in 1920.
"Twin Decks" - Nantucket Legacy living at its best in one of the island's most desirable neighborhoods! This classic family home features multiple porches, decks and a large spacious yard that take full advantage of this idyllic setting. There is plenty of room to create another large and tasteful lot and still leave room to add a Guest House or pool to the existing improvements. Conveniently located, just 7/10 of a mile from Town, and a quick 3 minute jaunt to Steps Beach. This property offers an amazing opportunity to be a part of the Lincoln Circle area! More
© 2018 LINK, All Rights Reserved