93 Main StreetNantucket MAMLS Number 84310
- Price: $13,500,000The price has recently decreased
- Est. Mortgage of $/month
- 123 Days on Market
|Price||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Years|
Est. Mortgage: $/month
Federal 30-year interest rate: 4.53% last updated on 2018-08-16
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- 1837Year Built
The “East Brick,” is one of the 3 Starbuck Mansions built by Joseph Starbuck in 1837. One for each of his 3 sons, this one was built as a gift for his son William. It is an iconic, historically significant home built in the Georgian style and is a major contributor to the historic architecture and fabric of Nantucket. Recently updated and restored this is one of the most distinctive historic homes in the country. The current owners have undertaken an historically sensitive restoration including plaster moldings and rosettes, uncovered and restored a basement fireplace, installed a new slate roof as well as restored the brick parapets. It is fully renovated and updated for modern living. The owner has researched and installed wall coverings and custom drapery fabrics typical for this period. There are 6 bedroom suites, 4 with fireplaces and all with beautiful private baths. On the third floor there is a large open room plus 2 bedrooms that share a bath. The 3rd floor also provides easy access to the cupola where the Starbuck family could watch for their whale ships to return from the Pacific. The lower level is set up with a full Kitchen, Living room and 2 bedroom suites that can be used as a separate apartment, There is a wine cellar, and tasting room with a gas insert fireplace discovered during restoration, and walkout access to the rear brick patio and gardens.
Ask A Question
Call: 508-325-7000 or send a message:
- MLS Number84310
- Agent ID15204
- Agent NameRobert Young
- Agent Phone508-325-1571
- Desc Parking2 off street
- Firm Phone508-228-0976
- List Price$13,500,000
- Broker ID505
- Broker NameKillen Real Estate
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Disposal, Insulation, Irrigation
- Flooring TypeWood
- Dishwasher TypeTwo
- Dryer TypeTwo - Gas
- Fridge TypeSub-Zero
- Stove TypeWolfe
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer TypeTwo
- Date Listed2018-04-16T13:51:52
- Other ViewsResidential
- Year Built1837
- Year Renovated2008
- Modification Date04/16/2018
- View Count46
- Building Number93
- Location41.28194, -70.102446
- StreetMain Street
- Outdoor SpacesGarden, Patio, Porch
- Yard TypeLarge
- Foundation TypeGranite
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- Easement DescNone Known
- Number of Photos41
- Photo Id List196605,205347,196576,196603,196574,196570,196569,196571,196572,196573,196575,196586,196587,196582,196581,196583,196580,196584,196600,196577,196578,196579,196585,196593,196594,196595,196596,196588,196591,196590,196592,196589,196597,196598,196599,196601,196604,201662,205343,205345,205349
- Photo Img ListClick Here
- Photo Thumb ListClick Here
- Desc BasementLower Level: Family/TV room, full kitchen, bedroom with bathroom. There is another bedroom with steam shower; Wine cellar, tasting room and ample storage and laundry room complete the lower level, which has direct walkout to the rear patio.
- Desc Floor1Granite steps lead up to the grand entry foyer and hall with original curved staircase; To the right are double parlors with fireplaces. Beyond this is the rear family room with over sized windows overlooking the gardens, patio and large private yard. To the left of the front hall is the office where William Starbuck most likely conducted business, like all the formal rooms it has a marble fireplace and high ceilings with original plaster rosettes and moulding details. The dining room has hand painted whaling era murals painted in the 1950s. The modern chef's kitchen has all of the best appliances. The large island is ideal for casual family socializing. There is an additional dining area in the adjoining family room.
- Desc Floor2Large master suite with fireplace, marble master bath has fireplace, soaking tub, shower, attached sitting room with fireplace and full bath which could be a separate bedroom suite, two additional bedroom suites, both with marble baths and fireplaces. There is a unique 2nd floor loggia overlooking the lawn and gardens, which is an ideal setting for dining or relaxing.
- Desc Floor3Cathedral ceiling living /family room with wet bar and circular cast iron stairs to the roof top cupola. Natural light filters down through the glass floor of the cupola. Two bedrooms share a marble bath with shower.
- Half Baths1
6 Bedrooms Village Squam. 8 Bathroom 1.1 Acreage Year Built in 2017.
This newly completed oceanfront compound was designed and built by Graham Goldsmith Architects and features everything you need in a Nantucket summer home. The property sits on over an acre and offers a four bedroom main house, a two bedroom guest house, a separate garage with studio, and a private pool with a separate spa. Ocean views from almost every room makes this a truly special waterfront offering. It just doesn't get better than this. For a video on the property view the external link. More
8 Bedrooms Village Town. 8 Bathroom 0.2948 Acreage Year Built in 1823.
A Very Rare Offering: One of Nantucket's premier properties, “Long Hill,” is perched majestically at the crest of historic upper Orange Street and enjoys expansive, panoramic views of the Harbor, Coatue and town. The beautifully landscaped grounds include a formal English garden with brick walkway rimmed by manicured boxwood, lovely rose gardens, specimen trees, a two-car garage and a towering privet hedge which surrounds the entire estate. NOTE: There is a separate building lot on the property that is included in the sale. More
6 Bedrooms Village Cliff. 6 Bathroom 0.46 Acreage Year Built in 1900.
A unique opportunity is now available in the highly sought after Galley Beach neighborhood, in close proximity to the Cliffside Beach Club, Steps Beach and Town. 38 Jefferson is now being offered with 40 Jefferson, the adjacent oversized lot, creating an unprecedented compound on 1/2 an acre. This additional oversized lot offers 3000 sq. ft. of available ground cover and included in the sale are HDC approved plans for a 5 bedroom, 5 bath and 2 half bath main house, leaving plenty of room to accommodate a cottage/cabana, pool and garage. A buyer may also choose to develop the parcel to compliment 38 Jefferson's grand design or hold as a blue chip investment. The developer collaborated with Nantucket's premier architect, Emeritus Development, and designer, Elisa H. Allen Design, to create this legacy property that takes advantage of the sweeping ocean views over Galley Beach and Nantucket Harbor. Enjoy the breathtaking first floor views of ferries and yachts entering the harbor as the Galley beach umbrellas gently blow in the breeze. The historic main house has been re-sited on a new foundation and is completely renovated from top to bottom creating a stunning 5 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath home on 3 levels. The addition of a new 1 bedroom, Guest Cottage/ Pool Cabana compliments the gorgeous, private outdoor entertaining area that includes a heated Gunite swimming pool surrounded by mahogany decking. This estate is offered furnished, turn key and available for immediate occupancy for family and friends to enjoy this summer. More
© 2018 LINK, All Rights Reserved