54 Orange StreetNantucket MAMLS Number 83261
- Price: $4,950,000The price has recently decreased
- Est. Mortgage of $/month
- 502 Days on Market
|Price||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Years|
Est. Mortgage: $/month
Federal 30-year interest rate: 4.85% last updated on 2018-10-18
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- 1835Year Built
54 Orange Street remains a historic masterpiece and one of the best examples of 1830s Greek revival architecture on Nantucket. The home was built by Captain Charles Grant, the most successful whaling captain of his time. Many distinctive details are still intact today, including the ionic columns, pediment entry and gorgeous floors and trim detail. The property features grand living spaces, large windows, marble fireplaces, three spacious porches and beautiful harbor and Town views. In addition to the three main floors of living space, there is a lower level apartment with interior and exterior access, as well as a two-car garage. The stunning back and side yards complete this unique offering, ready for its next steward to make their own.
Ask A Question
Call: 508-325-7000 or send a message:
- MLS Number83261
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Agent ID26417
- Agent NameCameron Gammill
- Agent Phone508-228-4407
- Desc Parking2 car garage
- Firm Phone508-228-4407
- List Price$4,950,000
- Broker ID601
- Broker NameFisher Real Estate
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Dishwasher TypeGE Potscrubber
- Dryer TypeMaytag Neptune
- Fridge TypeGE Profile
- Stove TypeViking
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer TypeMaytag Neptune
- Date Listed2017-06-06T10:18:37
- Other ViewsTown
- Year Built1835
- Modification Date06/06/2017
- View Count90
- Building Number54
- Location41.2792388, -70.0968138
- StreetOrange Street
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch
- Yard TypeLarge backyard
- Flooring TypeOriginal wide plank floorboards
- Heat TypeOil\FHW
- Water ViewHarbor
- Desc BasementFinished basement with three well-sized rooms, two bathrooms and kitchenette. Easy access to the lower level through the back entry or two exterior entrances.
- Desc Floor1Upon entering the front door you are greeted to a large entryway with a grand curved staircase, original wide plank floorboards and large, sundrenched windows. To your right, a formal sitting room with one of the multiple fireplaces individually crafted with marble from New Zealand, another original feature. Just off the sitting room is the formal dining room with a fireplace and connects to the kitchen and mudroom. A large kitchen makes this a perfect home for entertaining and the focal point is an oversized marble fireplace, perfectly accentuating the historic integrity of the property. Access to the laundry, mudroom, and basement stairs is off the kitchen as well. Additionally, the back door leads to a large patio and oversized, lush backyard.
- Desc Floor2The second floor can be accessed from the grand entry staircase or a stairwell off the kitchen/mudroom. The main landing opens to a large bedroom facing Orange Street, a full bath to the right and a sitting room to the left. From the sitting room there is a grand second bedroom with an over-sized en suite bath. The rear of the house features a smaller bedroom with access to the large second floor deck with peaks of water views.
- Desc Floor3A staircase off the back of the second floor leads to an impressive third floor. This is a large, open space with huge wooden beams, full bathroom and spectacular views of the Nantucket Sound from the oversized deck.
- Half Baths1
5 Bedrooms Village Cliff. 5 Bathroom 0.47 Acreage Year Built in 2005.
Enchanting oasis, secretly tucked in a fantastic setting filled with gorgeous flowers and mature trees in one of Nantucket's finest neighborhoods. Beautifully built modern home with classic quality touches. Expansive lawns and outdoor areas including multiple porches and decks. Seclusion guaranteed as the property abuts 15 acres of green expanse at The Westmoor Club. Certainly a special place to entertain friends and family. 4 bedroom suites in the main house plus another above the garage for a total of 5. Any 3 of these suites could serve as the master bedroom. Large front and rear yards with extensive stone walls, a fenced zen like rose garden, two outdoor showers and direct access to The Westmoor Club through the back gate. More
5 Bedrooms Village Shimmo. 5 Bathroom 0.93 Acreage Year Built in 2007.
Situated on 1 acre in Shimmo and surrounded by lush landscaping, this sophisticated and comfortable, well-built 5 bedroom home was thoughtfully designed by Botticelli & Pohl and boasts three-levels of living space with many details throughout including coffered ceilings, clean lines and beautiful woodwork. The expansive covered porch overlooks a spacious and well-manicured yard with beautiful mature landscaping as well as a gorgeous heated Gunite pool with blue-stone surround, custom pool cabana with full bath - steam shower, bar and outdoor shower. Gorgeous views of Nantucket Harbor can been seen from the Widow's walk making this the perfect Nantucket home for all seasons! Deeded Harbor access offers ideal swimming and boating opportunities. Additional ground cover available. More
5 Bedrooms Village Brant Point. 5 Bathroom 0.1397 Acreage Year Built in 1930.
Opportunity knocks! Endless possibilities at your finger tips in the Heart of Brant Point. Currently in place are two, very well maintained & solid, residential structures, ample parking, full basement, rental producing apartment and an oversized garage (which can be converted to living/sleeping). Central AC, wood flooring, and stunning natural light throughout the Main House, that has a commercial history as an inn. This property has tremendous value in a great location! More
5 Bedrooms Village Shimmo. 5 Bathroom 0.96 Acreage Year Built in 2018.
Pippins Way, an exclusive residential enclave located in the coveted Shimmo area, offers the discernible homeowner the perfect summer getaway. Not too far from the heart of Nantucket, this 5 - bedroom, 5.5 - bath home has been thoughtfully created by Clarke Brothers Construction and features fine craftsmanship throughout with many custom details. The decor, exquisitely executed by Nantucket Looms and Elisa Allen Design tastefully compliments the bright interiors, blending comfort and sophistication for modern living. This one acre site includes a garage with unfinished 2nd floor living space, an 18x40 Gunite Pool surrounded by a bluestone patio, and a pool cabana with half bath. More
6 Bedrooms Village Town. 6 Bathroom 0.2229 Acreage Year Built in 2018.
PRIVACY AND PROXIMITY TO TOWN. Uniquely located on the perimeter of the Old Historic District, within walking distance to shops and restaurants, this newly built home features six bedroom suites and nearly 5,500 sf of finished living space on three floors. Impeccably designed and tastefully appointed with high end finishes and furniture, and exquisitely landscaped with a 30' x 14' pool and spa, private blue stone patio and pool cabana. Slated for completion this fall. More
5 Bedrooms Village Town. 5 Bathroom 0.09 Acreage Year Built in 1838.
The Levi Starbuck House is one of Nantucket's most beautiful Greek Revival houses and has been tastefully preserved with countless historic details still intact. A striking front entry porch, gracious front stairway, double parlor with two fireplaces, unparalleled craftsmanship and Nantucket Harbor views from all three floors of finished living space make this one of the most desirable properties for sale in all of historic downtown Nantucket. More
5 Bedrooms Village Town. 5 Bathroom 0.12 Acreage Year Built in 1991.
"Watercolors", an historic replica of a 1800's Nantucket home, has been completely renovated in 2018. Close proximity to historic Main Street, this home is set back from Hussey Street and extends all the way to Academy Hill. 2 off-street parking spots and sunny side patio features a 7x9 luxurious spa, built-in grilling station and outdoor shower. This house features a large open floor plan with multiple living spaces, state of the art kitchen, with European custom cabinetry, 5 bedrooms all ensuite on four levels on living. Sonos and CAT6 wiring throughout. This stunning home is one of a few in-town turnkey properties currently on the market. Ground cover remaining for additional structure or garage. More
5 Bedrooms Village Quidnet. 5 Bathroom 0.8878 Acreage Year Built in 2017.
Newly constructed five bedroom home located on a quiet and private lane with views of the ocean and Sesachacha Pond. Enjoy walking to the beach, only moments from your home, accessed by a private deeded right of way. This home features an open floor plan with three floors of living, a two tiered patio surrounding a pool, and an oversized garage. More
© 2018 LINK, All Rights Reserved