30 Orange StreetNantucket MAMLS Number 75078
- Price: $15,950,000The price has recently decreased
- Est. Mortgage of $/month
- 2627 Days on Market
|Price||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Years|
Est. Mortgage: $/month
Federal 30-year interest rate: 4.53% last updated on 2018-08-16
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- 1823Year Built
A Very Rare Offering: One of Nantucket's premier properties, “Long Hill,” is perched majestically at the crest of historic upper Orange Street and enjoys expansive, panoramic views of the Harbor, Coatue and town. The beautifully landscaped grounds include a formal English garden with brick walkway rimmed by manicured boxwood, lovely rose gardens, specimen trees, a two-car garage and a towering privet hedge which surrounds the entire estate. NOTE: There is a separate building lot on the property that is included in the sale.
Ask A Question
Call: 508-325-7000 or send a message:
- MLS Number75078
- Agent ID15231
- Agent NameGary Winn
- Agent Phone508-228-1881 x115
- Desc ParkingYes
- Firm Phone508-228-1881
- List Price$15,950,000
- Broker ID520
- Broker NameMaury People Sotheby's International Realty
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Disposal, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Flooring TypeAntique, wide-planked floors, carpet
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Fridge TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Number of Photos38
- Photo Id List159945,52783,52767,52753,52754,52755,52756,52757,52758,52759,52760,52761,52762,52763,52764,52765,52766,52768,52769,52770,52771,52772,52773,52774,52775,52776,52777,52778,52779,52780,52781,52782,52788,52789,52784,52785,52786,52787
- Photo Img ListClick Here
- Photo Thumb ListClick Here
- Building Number30
- Location41.2810680, -70.0981599
- StreetOrange Street
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Porch
- Yard TypeBeautifully landscaped yard, with formal English garden
- Foundation TypeBlock
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Heat TypeOil\FHA
- Water ViewHarbor
- Date Listed2011-06-09T12:28:26
- Other ViewsTown
- Year Built1823
- Modification Date06/09/2011
- View Count483
- Desc BasementLarge, unfinished basement with laundry room and several storage rooms. The furnace, hot water heater, and electrical systems have been replaced and updated by the current owner.
- Desc Floor1The front entrance is a highly-detailed portal with fluted columns and etched-glass sidelights. The foyer, with 14' ceilings, elaborate, classical molding and original wide-planked floors, offers a gracious welcome into the oldest portion of the house, which dates to 1823 and is typical of the Federal style. A reception room has a fireplace, built-in bookshelves and deeply recessed windows overlooking the gardens. The adjacent drawing room has a fireplace and classical proportions. The spectacular living room, which extends across the back of the house, was added on in 1901 and exemplifies the high Georgian period. French doors open to a graceful veranda and stunning views. The paneled library and formal dining room each have fireplaces, French doors to the veranda and elaborate molding and trim – pristine examples of the period. The butler's pantry and kitchen retain many elements original to the house, including a zinc sink and cabinetry; those antiques have been masterfully incorporated with the highest quality appliances and amenities.
- Desc Floor2There are five en-suite bedrooms on the second floor, which has a grand central hall and arched doorways. Several offer access to the second floor veranda and all have fireplaces with lovely surrounds, recessed windows and views of the water and gardens.
- Desc Floor3There are three, very charming, garret-like bedrooms on the third floor, each with adjoining water closet and tub/shower. The roof terrace offers unmatched views of the water and Nantucket. With the exception of the three church steeples of town, this is the highest structure on the island.
- Half Baths2
6 Bedrooms Village Cliff. 6 Bathroom 0.46 Acreage Year Built in 1900.
A unique opportunity is now available in the highly sought after Galley Beach neighborhood, in close proximity to the Cliffside Beach Club, Steps Beach and Town. 38 Jefferson is now being offered with 40 Jefferson, the adjacent oversized lot, creating an unprecedented compound on 1/2 an acre. This additional oversized lot offers 3000 sq. ft. of available ground cover and included in the sale are HDC approved plans for a 5 bedroom, 5 bath and 2 half bath main house, leaving plenty of room to accommodate a cottage/cabana, pool and garage. A buyer may also choose to develop the parcel to compliment 38 Jefferson's grand design or hold as a blue chip investment. The developer collaborated with Nantucket's premier architect, Emeritus Development, and designer, Elisa H. Allen Design, to create this legacy property that takes advantage of the sweeping ocean views over Galley Beach and Nantucket Harbor. Enjoy the breathtaking first floor views of ferries and yachts entering the harbor as the Galley beach umbrellas gently blow in the breeze. The historic main house has been re-sited on a new foundation and is completely renovated from top to bottom creating a stunning 5 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath home on 3 levels. The addition of a new 1 bedroom, Guest Cottage/ Pool Cabana compliments the gorgeous, private outdoor entertaining area that includes a heated Gunite swimming pool surrounded by mahogany decking. This estate is offered furnished, turn key and available for immediate occupancy for family and friends to enjoy this summer. More
8 Bedrooms Village Town. 7 Bathroom 0.22 Acreage Year Built in 1837.
The “East Brick,” is one of the 3 Starbuck Mansions built by Joseph Starbuck in 1837. One for each of his 3 sons, this one was built as a gift for his son William. It is an iconic, historically significant home built in the Georgian style and is a major contributor to the historic architecture and fabric of Nantucket. Recently updated and restored this is one of the most distinctive historic homes in the country. The current owners have undertaken an historically sensitive restoration including plaster moldings and rosettes, uncovered and restored a basement fireplace, installed a new slate roof as well as restored the brick parapets. It is fully renovated and updated for modern living. The owner has researched and installed wall coverings and custom drapery fabrics typical for this period. There are 6 bedroom suites, 4 with fireplaces and all with beautiful private baths. On the third floor there is a large open room plus 2 bedrooms that share a bath. The 3rd floor also provides easy access to the cupola where the Starbuck family could watch for their whale ships to return from the Pacific. The lower level is set up with a full Kitchen, Living room and 2 bedroom suites that can be used as a separate apartment, There is a wine cellar, and tasting room with a gas insert fireplace discovered during restoration, and walkout access to the rear brick patio and gardens. More
© 2018 LINK, All Rights Reserved